Everyone knows that getting a professional massage feels amazing and it relaxes us, but did you know there are many other health benefits to getting a proper massage?
- Boost Immunity – Many studies have found that a stress cell called cortisol greatly decreases after a massage. Cortisol is known to be a major factor in what depletes our immune system.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Massages reduce hypertension. This may be because it stimulates pressure receptors that prompt action from the vagus nerve, which is located throughout the back.
- Restores Deep Sleep – According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine, 1 in 5 adults suffer from sleep deprivation. This is important because sleep is a natural reset button to our biochemistry. Massages reset the bodies parasympathetic, which is the “rest and relax” system, which goes hand in hand with healthy sleep.
- Relieves Headaches – Massage decreases the intensity and frequency of headache by loosening the nerves that travel from your brain to the rest of your body, therefore releasing tension.
- Anti-Aging Benefits – Massages stimulate blood flow, which is why regular gentle rubbing and kneading might keep your face looking healthy, younger and radiant. Massages improve lymphatic drainage, which gets rid of old tired cells and replaces it with new younger ones.