Ladies, there comes a day and age (no pun intended) where we may experience wrinkles around the mouth and lips. These little lines can make you look older, often times more than other wrinkles on the face can. The following causes wrinkles around the mouth:
- Sun Exposure
- Drinking with a Straw
- Chewing Gum
- Sleeping on Side (burying your head on a pillow)
Although wrinkles can’t be avoided as we get older, there are ways we can treat these lines and reduce their visibility with these easy steps.
1. Apply sunscreen. We all know that sun damage causes wrinkles. Wear at least a 30 SPF sun block when outside.
2. Don’t smoke. Smoking reduces oxygen supply in the skin causing premature aging. Not to mention, harmful chemicals in cigarettes reduce the strength and elasticity of the skin, causing wrinkles to form.
3. Moisturize. Moisturize your skin all the time by cleansing the face, and using facial gel and hydrating masks. Ask your dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon about topical skin care products for your skin that can help with wrinkles by boosting collagen conent in your skin.
4. Avoid Repetitive Movements. Chewing gum requires overworked muscle movement and using a straw entails turning down the corners of the mouth. These both results in breakdown of tissue, which causes skin to age prematurely and speed up the development of folds around the mouth and lips.
5. Laser wrinkle treatments and chemical peels. These will create controlled injuries in the skin that stimulate new skin growth that tends to look smoother and more youthful.
6. Botox. A small amount of this popular muscle-relaxing protein can be injected into the muscles around the lips. Just enough Botox will reduce the lines that are caused by pursing your lips without changing the function of the lip muscles.
7. Dermal fillers. The most popular injectable wrinkle fillers are made from hyaluronic acid gel, a substance naturally found in your body. This gel can be used to fill under the wrinkles to lift them up and make them less noticeable.
Talk to a specialist at Loudoun Laser & Medical Spa in Ashburn for a free consultation if you want to see what can be done for the lines around your lips.
Article Courtesy of MedGuidance.