The staff here at Loudoun Laser & Medical Spa are obsessed with honey on our skin! No, we don’t mean the honey that comes in a bee-shaped squeeze bottle; we’re referring to the raw honey stuff you can find at places such as Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, etc.
Raw honey is great for your skin thanks to its antibacterial properties and hefty serving of skin-saving antioxidants. It’s extremely moisturizing and soothing, and it opens up your pores. Honey, don’t take our word for it (no pun intended), read more below and read what we have to say!
The benefits of using raw honey for your skin:
- Gently removes dirt and impurities without stripping the skin of natural oils. Foaming cleansers and soaps tend to strip the skin of these protective oils and cause the skin to overproduce oil.
- Banishes breakouts, eczema, and sensitive skin with its natural antibacterial and probiotic properties; the honey will have a chance to sink in and bring down any swelling or redness.”
- It works well on all skin types- It balances oily skin and moisturizes dry skin.
- Help to minimize the appearance of dark circles and soften fine lines.
- Works to clear, even, firm, brighten, and soften skin all at once, smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Good for sunburns and wound healings, rejuvenating skin in just a few uses.
Try this at home and tell what you think!